Friday 27 July 2012

Pamper

Stress has always caused my hands and nails to go to crap.  So they're in really great shape right now (heavy hint of sarcasm).

I've noticed in recent lunch time shopping expeditions that Revlon now has a 'nail bar' in Myer, and the prices seemed pretty reasonable to me.  I figure a bit of pampering and me time is fair at the moment, so I treated myself to the Deluxe manicure yesterday, done by the lovely Laura.

I'm really not used to having polish on my nails and it's taking some getting used to.  I used to wear it a lot and even went through a goth stage with black nails in my late teens, but it's been years since I last wore any!

I initially chose a blue shade called Midnight which I really liked - I thought it would work well with jeans for the weekend.  Sadly it just looked odd on my very short nails - I'm hoping it's just an 'I'm not used to it' thing.    So I went with a beige shade called Bare Bones.  Even that's taken getting used to, but it's growing on me.

1 comment:

  1. Some pampering is most certainly fair =) Good for you for taking the time for it!

    ReplyDelete