Wednesday 8 August 2012

Grief's Journey

I've spent quite a bit of time on-line looking for "widow", particularly "young widow with child(ren)" resources and groups, and I've found some great communities out there.

I also happened to find a local group who meet face to face, and attended my first event last week.  It was dinner, and obviously there was a lot heavy conversation - most start with 'how did you loose your spouse?', but quite a lot of laughs, too.

Of the 10 there, five of us were there for the first time mostly within the first year since loosing our partners, however one lady is 4 years into her journey and is now feeling up to getting out and about more.  Most of us were after a group of people who 'get it' and can provide support, encouragement as we move along our journeys and tips for managing our kids and helping them through this crappy situation. 

I'm glad I've found this group - I think it's going to be a great collection of people to be involved with.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you found a group to go out with and talk with those who just understand {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete