Tuesday 14 August 2012

5 Months, 2 Months, 18 Months

Today is two calendar months since Mr Trifectagirl passed.

I still feel like I'm running on a few time-lines.  How long since he got sick (closing in on 5 months) and how long since he passed.   His passing I still count in both weeks (it's 8) and months. 

But the weeks are getting fuzzier to remember.  I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.  Or as he always said, 'It is what it is' (which drove me batty, by the way).

And how am I marking the day?

J went swimming, then off for his 18 month checks and immunisations. 

We also reached that milestone a couple of days ago. 

In amongst all the crazies, somehow I got an 18 month old.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure we ever get rid of those timelines. it starts in days, moves to months and eventually to years. Some are good milestones - such as your son's 18 months - some are sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an odd way to live, on timelines, especially when they overlap and disconnect. I love your last line though- how incredibly amazing, after such a journey, that you have an 18 month old to share your life with. I'm new to your blog, but have enjoyed reading through it, although your story is heartbreaking, your writing style is engaging and fresh. Thank you for sharing your journey to trifecta.

    ReplyDelete