Sunday 19 May 2013

Retirement Plans

I came across an idea this morning that really grabbed me.

Taryn over at Widow's Voice is gearing up for a trip to India.  As part of the post she mentioned a 'Once in a Lifetime Trip, Once a Year'.

I REALLY like this idea!!  For years I've been building a list of trips I'd like to take, so I can add this concept to my savings plan and my plans for retirement (only some 20-odd years down the track...)


  • Climb Kilimanjaro
  • Visit Sri Lanka, probably as part of a cricket tour
  • Visit Argentina
  • Cruise Alaska
Trips Mr Trifectagirl & I wanted to take as a family so our children would have the experience are also on the list, but will wait until J is a bit older and he'll remember them.

  • Travel the UK from John o'Groats to Lands End.
  • Travel the East Cost of the USA, top to bottom.
  • Do a Dawn Service at Galipolli
I also want to scatter part of Mr Trifectagirl's ashes with some of those of his father in Cork, Ireland.  I'll wait until J is older so that he can remember it.

2 comments:

  1. Fun list! I love, love, love to travel and there are still so many places on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have it all figured out, I see. I hope you are ready for that three kilometre walk coming from John O'Groats to Duncansby Head Lighthouse. It's one of the must see in that area of Scotland. You may want to pass by the Kissing Gates, as well, with the Mr. *wink-wink*

    Melody Rosenbaum

    ReplyDelete