Wednesday 2 January 2013

Things I've Been Meaning to Do - 2013 plan

Previously I've done monthly 'Things I've been meaning to do' posts, and since I found them really useful to keep me moving on all those things I've been meaning to do, I'll resurrect them for 2013.

This list are things I've been meaning to do in some cases for years that I'd like to knock off in 2013.  Many of these I can set smaller goals during the year on a month by month basis to get them done.

  • Make photo books of the photos I have of my mum and step-dad.  I've got piles of baby and childhood photos, so I'd like to get them organised and published into photobooks.  Only been on the list for 4 years or so.
  • Finish J's baby cross-stitch.  He's nearly 2.  I need to get it done. I don't want it to be like the table cloth my mother started crocheting when she was pregnant with my sister in 1976.  It was left unfinished when she passed in April 2008.  By unfinished, there is one square to finish and and two to connect to the tablecloth!
  • Sort through my filing cabinet.  This is just a general maintenance task that needs to be done, but something I tend to avoid.
  • Sell the stuff I've been planning to sell for ages - some of this also dates back 4 years. 
  • Tidy up the couch grass in my yard.  It's invaded the garden beds and since I have good edging, I really should get in and clean it up.  This will be a winter job when the ground is hopefully softer. 
  • Re-paint all the trim around the outside of the house, a job that is well, well overdue.  I may use this as an opportunity to update the look.
I'm sure I'll come up with other things.

*The montly 'Things I've Been Meaning to Do' originally came from I'm A Lazy Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Mine is almost exactly the same. Good luck with yours; I'm not going anywhere near mine until I finish the novel I'm trying to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an impressive list! And reminds me of things I need to get moving on too.

    ReplyDelete