Sunday 31 March 2013

Blessing Others

One of the mammoth tasks I've had with Mr Trifectagirl's passing is clearing out the storage locker.

The rental came up for renewal a short time after he got sick, and we paid a year in advance, so we didn't have to worry about it for a while.

Of course, that's about to come up again so we're madly trying to get it done so we don't have to pay for more than one more month.

We've nearly cleared out all the boxes that I had nothing to do with packing and putting in there.  These are the boxes that came from my mother-in-law's house when she moved into a nursing home, and that Mr Trifectagirl and his ex brought home from the UK.  There are still quite a few boxes I put in there, but most of the 'unknowns' are dealt with.

Yesterday, I sorted through the pile of boxes we took out last weekend. In them, I found some gems like Mr Trifectagirl's school report cards and leaving certificate.

What I'm most thrilled about is we will be able to bless a needy family, or new arrival refugee family with pretty much a full kitchen, apart from crockery.  It will be great to walk into a charity on Tuesday afternoon with a collection of boxes, and say 'you will be able to set up a family'.

1 comment:

  1. A family will be so lucky to get all of those donations! Congratulations on your progress =)

    ReplyDelete